Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Sorry about another delay...

but I've been busy. Schoolwork, snow shoveling, and flying (on the computer)(for real? I WISH!)
Anyway, we got back from PA safely. There was no cub scout meeting that night so I didn't go out. It's a good thing there was no meeting, since we weren't back till an hour after it would have started if there had been a meeting, which there wasn't, so I didn't go. Diagram that sentence.
Tuesday was a bit of schoolwork but not much. A lot of the day was spent in cleaning the study and reorganizing the computer cables. This took a long time, but it really was worth it. Everything is much nicer now. Well, at least most everything. Also, on Tuesday, we normally have our scout troop meetings. However, because of the weather, we didn't have it. This gave us more time to be cleaning. I pulled all the cables out of the computer and labeled every single one. It was kinda fun.
Today, I managed to get a bit of work done on school. However, I also had a first--I flew, on the flight sim, what's called an IFR flight. IFR stands for Instrument Flight Rules. Anyway, I did this flight under good weather conditions, so it wasn't a ton different. However, instead of me doing my own navigation, Air Traffic Control told me what to do the whole time. Oh well. It was still fun! I need to get used to it for doing eventually in real life.

Tonight was also prayer meeting. Including me as an adult, there were 5 adults and 6 kids, 5 of them under 5 years old. I wish we had better attendance, but at least there are a few who make it regularly. One woman didn't come because of the weather. Since she's in her 80's, she has every right to decide that! After that, I've been chatting with several friends on instant messenger. Hopefully you all have a good night. I'm off for more flying before bedtime!
PS: Sorry about the formatting. It's still giving me fits. Also, if you see typos or grammatical errors, sorry--its kinda late and I'm tired.

3 comments:

Morton Family said...

Glad to hear you arrived home safely!

Wish we were closer to be able to attend prayer meeting....and to be able to get-together more often with everyone!
~K~

Anonymous said...

I think it's important to remember that Wednesday night prayer meetings are never required in the Bible. The only time there was a situation that might have been a Wednesday prayer meeting in the Bible was when Peter was in prison and the angel let him out then he went to a house of the believers who were all praying. Of course we don't know what day of the week this was on. They might have done it every night.

Isaac said...

Right. I never said, however, that this was required. I just wish more people would come! :)