Saturday, February 10, 2007

Recent Events!

Just thought I'd try that title. Anyway, my recent events!
Thursday wasn't much going on. School and not much else. Dad had a scout meeting in the evening so Mom and I stayed home and did school. The only other big thing I'm thinking of this day was supper: I got May's Pizza, which is right down the street. Some of you may think "yuk!" and some may think "that's bad for your health!", but I really like it. Why? Lots and lots of grease! Yummy! Pepperoni! Anyway!

Friday was also a bit of school. Unfortunately, I didn't do the best on an english test, but at least I had a good average (before), so I was able to afford a small hit. Later in the evening, we went to town and had Burger King for supper (not my favorite, but it's ok), and then got to go to the house of a family from scouts. Just three of the kids were home, but we still had a great time for a while. After hitting Wally World on the way home, we got home. I bet you saw that coming. The rest of the evening was either literature, watching the last part of Ice Age: The Meltdown, or getting ready for today.
Today, I woke up at about 5:45. Today was the first weekend of what's called the Merit Badge Trail Drive (scouts.) This is basically several classes to earn Merit Badges, which are awards for completing requirements around a certain theme. I'm doing Crime Prevention and Railroading. This is about an hour's trip down to the place, and we had to be there by 8:00. It was a generally nice time. Because I only had 2 classes and there were 3 sessions, I got a long break in between my classes. I ended up using a bunch of this break to be talking with others, utilizing the rest to work on Eagle stuff. After the Trail Drive was over, my best friend came over to my house for about 3 hours. He tried out the yoke and pedals, and then we checked out some really weird stuff on Google Earth and finally ended up watching online videos for about half an hour. Finally, to bring you up to the minute, I'm chatting over Yahoo Messenger with a friend from scouts; we're swapping music over the microphones. I'll head to bed early tonight, and be ready for worship tomorrow. Good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was great fun. I really liked the yoke and pedals (liked the yoke the best), they made flying very easy.