Tuesday, February 20, 2007

New Music and Player

I'm sure that you've noticed both. I managed to get this working after about 2 hours last night. It was rather frustrating, but it seems to be good now. I'll change back to another Psalm after a few days. The bagpipes are just so cool! :)
Sabbath was, as usual, useful and enjoyable. We had a visiting family which brought our "AM" service (really at 1300) attendance up to 39, which is higher than we've had in a while. This family stayed at church for dinner with several other families from church. We ended up going back over a little early and getting to know the visitors a little bit better. They left before the evening service, so we only had mid-to-low-20's in the evening.

Yesterday was kinda busy. I ended up getting a lot of schoolwork done, most of it being, as Mom termed it, "Liberal Arts." No, this does not mean filibustering. I did a bunch of literature, vocabulary, history, and English. I'm torn whether or not I enjoyed it, but at least it wasn't anything that I absolutely detest!

Something else I ended up doing yesterday was going to a funeral of a woman from our church. She had been in the county nursing home for some time and hadn't been able to make it to worship for months, but we'll still miss her. The other thing was I went to town (Bellefontaine) with Mom and Dad. We had supper at Arby's (yum!) and went to Aldi and Wal*Mart. Not sure if the little asterisk works as a star, but oh well.
After we got home, I had a great time talking (on Yahoo Messenger) to several friends. I also managed to get a bunch of work done on a merit badge I'm doing. I finally headed up to bed a little after 11:30. Yawn.

Today might be interesting. It's our first scout troop meeting for quite some time, since the past two weeks' meetings had to be canceled because of weather. Also, we're having the monthly PLC (Patrol Leaders' Council) tonight, where we get to make several important decisions. This could be my last PLC that I'm leading for a while, since the Senior Patrol Leader elections are coming up in early March. The one other thing that I'm a little concerned about today is a chemistry test that I have. If you think of it, please pray that I'll do well on it!

I think that's it for now. Have a nice day! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We LOVE the bagpipes! Makes us want to get up and dance in a kilt... or maybe not.:)

Isaac said...

Hmmm. I keep finding out more and more friends like the music. Maybe I'll keep them on a while longer...

Anonymous said...

I like bagpipes. Appeals to some of my heritage.