Friday, February 2, 2007

Great Developments!

Heya! I'll talk a little bit about the last few days, and then get into the great thing that happened today.

Wednesday finished with a bunch of schoolwork. Prayer meeting was canceled, so we worked a bit in the evening. That was pretty much it.

Thursday was, in a lot of ways, the same. However, I worked a bit in the evening on something else. Even though I'd earnestly started working on Eagle Scout, I haven't done a whole lot on the project. Last night, I resolved to put an end to that. I put together a 4-page plan on how I'm going to do the rest of the project. One of the parts of this is that I'm going to limit myself on free time. However, that said, I've watched the entire original Star Wars trilogy (Episodes 4-6) in the last 3 days. I might have to work harder...

Schoolwork today was usual. The only thing I didn't manage to get done today is a Literature test. I get to do that tomorrow. Sigh. The worst part is it's on 2 chapters-Transcendental Optimists and Transcendental Pessimists. Together, these chapters account for a little over 120 pages. If you see this before tomorrow afternoon, please pray that (1) I'll have a good attitude toward it and (2) that I'll do well on it! I should be done by noon, but time will tell on that.

OK--are you ready for the big news? I GOT NEW FLIGHTSIM GEAR TODAY!!!! A while ago, I'd gotten USB control yoke and rudder pedals off of Ebay, but the supplier was backordered. Today, they finally got here. I've never had such a feeling of realism on the flight sim before! It almost feels like the real thing. This is great! Praise the LORD for enabling man to make technology that enables me to do stuff like this. It's great fun, and I'm sure that it will help when I begin actual lessons later.

Well, that's pretty much it. I'll probably be putting up a new post tommorrow. All jokes. YEAH! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the title!

I wanna see those controls!

Morton Family said...

Congrats on your new FlightSim Gear. Since I'm not into flying like you I would have probably taken more joy in finally getting the package in the mail rather than in getting the yoke and pedals! :) But I'm happy that you are now enabled to get some (from the sounds of it) profitable "training".
Oh and I really, really, really like this song, especially when the drums come in. You are going to have to show me how to put music on our blog!

Isaac said...

Milkdud--I hope you can soon!

Morton family--I'll try. It isn't too hard. By the way, just outa curiosity-which one are you? :)

Morton Family said...

It was Meg....not too hard to figure out since she is the biggest buckeye fan in our house!!!:)
~K~

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to try those new controls out. Perhaps they will keep me from crashing.