Monday, January 22, 2007

Sorry about the long break...

Honestly, I'd forgotten to post. Sorry, everybody.

Friday was usual with school, and a good bit of it. However, the end of the day was different.

In Scouts, as many of you know, there's a program for younger boys. This is called Cub Scouts. The older cub scouts are in a group called Webelos (standing for We'll be loyal scouts.) In order to earn a prestigious award called the Arrow of Light, Webelos need to earn a bunch of activity badges, based on different subjects. On Friday, a program started called Webelos Woods. This was effectively a weekend to get lots of Webelos the opportunity to earn lots of activity badges.

Well, I was there from Friday evening until Saturday evening. Friday was a bit sad at first, as there was a memorial for a little while for a former scoutmaster of mine who'd died several weeks ago. After that, I got set up (everyone was "camping" overnight in a gymnasium, in the former school building where this was held.) Then, I ended up playing dodgeball with about 30 Webelos for about two hours. At the end, I was ready to go to bed! :)

However, I didn't just yet. Taps was at 11:15, but some people were still up for quite a while. Besides the cub scouts, there were a couple of boy scout troops there, and I was staying with one of the troops. I was just about asleep at midnight when several boys started getting a little bit loud. Now, in my troop, one of my duties as the Senior Patrol Leader is to go around at night, making sure that everyone stays quite, and nobody has any problems. So, I ended up doing that here. I got to sleep around 1:00 AM.


Reveille was at 6:45. Yet again, I was up earlier, so I'd be ready to blow it. After everyone was up and about, I led in a short flag ceremony, and we all went to get breakfast. After breakfast, I helped others get ready for their classes, then ended up getting ready for my own. Throughout the day, I led 2 classes for Showmanship, and assisted in a third. Showmanship focused mainly on a puppet show. The Webelos had to write out a play, help design a small stage for it, and then act it out with paper bag puppets. These classes were interesting. I had problems in two areas. The first one was having the Webelos keep going and focus on what they needed to do. The second was keeping everyone from playing with the microphones. Oh well. After that, I had a great supper, and really enjoyable conversations with several different guys from scouts. Mom and Dad picked me up at around 8:00, and a little while after we got home, I crashed and fell into bed.

I woke up almost 12 hours later, and there was SNOW!!!!!!!!! As many of you know, I've been wanting some for a long time, and I was ecstatic. However, after church (which for us is 1:00 PM) we were having a family from church over for dinner, so we needed to get ready. I ended up shoveling a little bit, but not much.

Church attendance was down a bit, due to sickness and bad roads. Since all of the 4-5 inches had fallen from about 6:00 AM-8:00 AM, the roads weren't the best. However, a lot of people still made it. We had a good worship time, and a good class time afterwards. Then, we all left and the Mortons came over to our house.

That was a lot of fun. We had a great time talking together, and the turkey dinner was excellent. Christian fellowship is so nice on the Lord's Day; well, actually, it's pretty nice anytime! After a few short hours, we headed back to evening church at 6:30. Even fewer people were able to be there, and we ended up with a grand total of 20 people. However, God promises to be there if only 2 or 3 are gathered, so we had worship as scheduled. Just a quick question for some friends who read this blog: when was the last time your church had 20 people for a service? Just curious :). If you'd like, you can treat that as a rhetorical question, or you can comment to answer.

After the evening service, I ended up reading for the best part of two hours before heading to bed a bit later. I got to sleep about 11:30, and was up a little before 8. Now, since I've spent 15 minutes doing this post, I'm needing to get started on school for the day. Hopefully this hasn't bored you too much. I'll try to post a little more regularly!

5 comments:

Lemony Snicket said...

-You guys got six inces! Man your provadetially blessed! (What does one say when you can't use the word lucky?)
-Well, back to the salt min...I mean school.

Sam

erudil said...

Wow, you like to write long posts. Just wait until you're in college, when you won't have as much time for that :-)

And remember: my church often has 20 or fewer people in the evening. That is, when it happens; it was cancelled altogether last night because of the ice.

Anonymous said...

Actually Ithought God was everywhere even if there was only 1 person to worship. My Uncle attends a church that seldom has more than 20.

Zebbie said...

Sorry I havent been commenting well here I am and I hadnt posted for like a month or two at some point

Isaac said...

That's ok. :)