Monday, January 8, 2007

The Big Game Final

Well, I'll say it once. Go Gators. 41-14. It was a game that they controlled the whole time. You can sum up the whole game by saying that it was nice, but it would have been better to watch a Buckeyes game.

The Bucks seemed to warm up some more during the second half. The defense really came more alive, holding the Gators to only one more touchdown. However, the offense still was lackluster. Part of this might well be due to Ted Ginn Jr.'s injury on the Bucks' first offensive drive. He went out, but ran back to the sidelines quickly, which made me hopeful. However, my spirits were dampened when they showed him with a large black boot on his left foot, and he was leaning on crutches.

As well, the offense was consistently plagued by a poor line which let blitzers through, and a tough defense by the Gators. Troy Smith, the great quarterback for the Buckeyes, seemed to be trying, but with Ginn out, and the Gator pressure on him almost constantly, combined with covered receivers, he wasn't able to turn the game around.

It was a fun game to watch, and it seemed for a while as if the Buckeyes could still pull it out. However, the Gators triumphed, and I'm happy for them. They fought well, and, once again, the underdog has won a spectacular victory against the favored #1 team.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAAA. It was a... game. That's all I can say. I really expected more from OSU. The worst part is our pastor is a serious Gators fan and I think he's heading into gloat-mode. We're probably going to get a new pastor out of this (not really):>).

Anonymous said...

Well I think that the Gators were just faster than Troy Smith is used to. I'm still a little depresed that OSU lost though.

Anonymous said...

I think that one thing that played into OSU losing is that they lost Ginn early in the game.