Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A Different Title

I decided to have a different title, so that's what I went with!

I've been doing two main things the past couple of days: schoolwork and Scouts. School has been the same old thing, so I'll talk (or write) a little about scout stuff, along with what else has been happening.

Yesterday evening was one of the two monthly meetings for the cub scout pack here in Belle Center that I help out with. It was fun, and I managed to be useful. On the way home (I walk both ways), it was snowing/sleeting/raining, and I wondered whether the weather would be "interesting" today.

When I woke up this morning, I took a peek out the window and noticed: *drum roll* SNOW!!!!! Unfortunately, only about 1/2--1 inch was on the ground, and it melted rather quickly. However, there was snow. This is either the second or third time this school year; I can't remember exactly how many.

After looking out the window, I drifted back to sleep again until Mom woke me up, saying that we were going down to Springfield, OH, and I needed to get up and get ready to go. When we left a little while later, I had mostly wakened up.

On the way down, it snowed a lot of the time, which was quite nice for me. :) However, I also needed to do history, which was actually quite enjoyable.

The reason we were heading down to Springfield was that our local scout council's offices are down there, and we needed to take care of updating records and also get some uniform patches at the store there. We managed to take care of this, and then headed home.

On the way home, I did some chemistry, which is my least favorite subject. Lately, however, it's been coming to me more easily, and I've been trying to stop loathing it! :) It's almost becoming enjoyable, at least from time to time. Anyway, we finished up the chem work just as we got into Bellefontaine, the county seat, where a treat was waiting for me.

Since it was around 1:00 in the afternoon, we were all hungry. Mom really wanted to go to Burger King, but, as we got out of the car at BK, she and Dad gave me some money, and had me run across the parking lot to Taco Bell, which is my favorite restaurant. After a tasty lunch there, I again crossed the parking lot, and found out about our new, up-to-date plans.

In the shopping plaza where these two restaurants are, there's also a Dunham's Sporting Goods shop. I had a meeting scheduled with the manager at around 4:00 this afternoon. However, Dad and I went over there right then, while Mom got in a quick stop at Walmart. We accomplished our goal there: the members of my scout troop now can get a 10% discount at the store. Perfect!

Anyway, after we got home, I did some more schoolwork, and then got ready for the weekly troop meeting. It was themed around fire building (a very inflammatory subject!) We managed to have all the guys who needed to build a fire as a requirement get one going, and then had a nice big fire roaring for a few minutes before we had to put it out. After the closing, we ran up to the equipment hall and did a few more repairs on the Klondike sled.

The meeting tonight was very well attended (for us), with 11 boys there. It's nice having a little bit larger meetings sometimes!

Well, that's pretty much been what's up the last couple of days. Hopefully, you haven't been too bored with this!
If you note typos or anything, I apologize. I should have been in bed a while ago, but I obviously wasn't. Anyway, good night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post. Very creating title. That pun about the topic of fire building...
That must be the worst pun I've ever heard. Big groaner B>|

Morton Family said...

Hmm... Taco Bell. Sounds yummy! Did you get a burrito (LOL!!)?
~S~

Isaac said...

Ummm... no. I *only* had four tacos. I would probably have gotten six, but I hadn't been given enough money for that, and my wallet was at home. :)