Thursday, January 11, 2007

Last Couple Days

Well, today was a little bit busy, but yesterday was a little bit more. I'll start with yesterday.

The day was dominated by a trip up to Defiance, OH (90 minutes north of here) for the funeral of the grandfather of a family from our church. It was good to hear of how loving a husband, father, and grandfather he was. However, above all, it was good to hear of how he was a Christian, and trusted in his hope in Christ. Another reason that I'm glad we went up there is that we seemed to be a help to the family from our church.

Schoolwork was pretty much forgotten yesterday. I got a few minor things done, but not much, since all of us were a little tired on the way home, and when we got back, we had time to eat supper, and then get ready for prayer meeting. That wasn't as well attended as it is sometimes, but it was still a joy to sing and pray with other believers.

Today was supposed to be hitting the books hard. We hit the books, more than gently, but not totally hard. I'm gearing up for a chemistry test tomorrow, so, if you think of it, please pray that I'll do well on it! Other than that, it was algebra and history the rest of the day.

Tonight, and last night, I've had fun instant messaging with friends. It suddenly struck me last night about how blessed we are to have such wonderful technology. A decade ago, it would have cost hundreds, maybe even thousands of dollars to have a webcam and microphone set up, and there probably wouldn't have been an instant messaging service able to take them. Now, I can talk with friends (actually talk) and even see them, although they're over 100 miles away! It's really nice to be able to do this. I thank God for enabling man to invent this technology, and also the technology to have this blog! I can keep in touch with all of you reading this, and you can respond. Can you imagine what people 100 years ago would have thought of this? And lastly, before I go to bed and get out of this philosophical mood (!), what will it be like in 100 years from now? 50? 25? Even 10? I'm really curious, especially, when the flying car will take over
!
PS: For those of you who are thinking this already: yes, Nathaniel and I are alike in this way! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Can you I've been doing a lot of research on all the new Microsoft product that have just come out or are about to (IE 7, WMP 11, Office 2007, Vista). I'm amazed how quickly technology advances and becomes obsolete.

I can't wait for WMP 15 or Office 2019. It's wierd to think about that kind of stuff.

Anonymous said...

One way you are different than your brother - he rarely posts until 1:00 a.m.!

By the way, did you hear about the mushroom who was refused service at the restaurant? He couldn't understand, because he was a "Fungi" (fun guy)....

Uncle Charles

Isaac said...

*GROAN* Well, Uncle, that was a new one. I don't remember ever hearing that before. Goodun.

Anonymous said...

YOU'VE NEVER HEARD THAT ONE!!???