Wednesday, January 31, 2007

New Post

Hehe. I just love these titles. It's great fun!

Anyway, Monday was a little bit different. Dad needed to go down to the scout council's offices/store, so Mom and I went along. We had a great time, and had a scrumptious lunch at Arby's. After we got home, I had an algebra test that I did pretty well on, along with plenty of other schoolwork.

Tuesday was even "differenter." We'd had a bit of snow overnight, so Mom and I spent about 45 minutes outside shoveling. During this "P. E.", I suddenly wondered how long it'd been since I'd had a real snow day when everyone else did (the local public school didn't do anything yesterday.) Mom had to go to town, so I worked on a bit of school while she was gone. When she got back soon after lunch, we did one more subject, and I got the rest of the afternoon off! It was great. Unfortunately, all of my friends around town weren't able, for various reasons, to do anything, so I ended up spending a while at the library talking with the librarians. After I got back, it was time to get ready for the scout meeting.

Last night was what we call a "Court of Honor" (COH); an awards ceremony. We had a pizza dinner before, and everyone likes pizza dinners, right? Right! So, after this, we had the awards. I got three merit badges (awards for completing requirements all in a specific theme), the Den Chief Service award (a Den Chief helps out with a cub scout pack), a Senior Patrol Leader certificate (SPL is the main junior leader), and a couple of other patches. The one from the Klondike was kinda neat. I'll see if I can scan it in and put it up here. Anyway, the COH was a big success, as everyone managed to get something, and the food was great! The other nice thing that happened last night was that a Webelos Scout (senior cub scout) gave his final decision on whether or not he'd stay in Boy Scouts. Thankfully, he's decided that Scouts is too much fun to pass up!

Well, that's been my last couple days. I might be changing the music sometime soon, but I need to figure out what I'll do next. I might end up doing another Psalm, but I could do something more controversial, especially if you're a sports fan! Don't worry, it won't be anything bad, unless you root for the team up north.

No comments: