Thursday, March 8, 2007

Yeah yeah it's been a while...

I know it's been a while since the last real post. Sorry. I've been busy.

OK. Monday we went down to Cincinnati to visit my dad's mom. That was really nice. We got to go to this mega-mega-mega grocery store called Jungle Jim's. It supposedly has everything edible. However, it didn't have the Warheads that I was wanting. This is a kind of really sour candy that I really like and I can't find anywhere. On the long shot that anyone reading this knows where to get some, let me know!

On Monday evening, I attended the pack meeting for the cub scout pack I help out with. We had decent attendance. Nothing special.

Tuesday I was working a bit online for Eagle research. Not a ton got done, but I found an interesting website. The meeting that night wasn't quite so well attended but we still got a lot of work done. Several boys completed numerous requirements for rank advancement. We even got to play Carpetball! There's a table at our meeting place, but it isn't too fast compared to the one at Winter Conference. Oh well. It's still plenty of fun anyway!

Wednesday was a lot of work on Eagle. That website that I found on Tuesday was a real blessing. I managed to get almost all of the research for World War One completed, along with some on the Spanish-American War. It's been rather interesting so far. Unfortunately, several people in church were sick so we weren't able to have prayer meeting this week.

Today was more work. I didn't get a ton done this morning or afternoon on Eagle stuff, but I did get around to cleaning my room a bit (it actually wasn't all that bad) and working on a couple merit badges I had to finish up. Nathaniel and I had fun playing a sort-of baseball using a shovel and snowballs. That was amusing as well as intriguing. Anyway, tonight I started doing some more online research, but caught myself running right past things several times. I'm getting quite tired, meaning that I'm missing a few important things. As a result, I quit the research for the evening and instead talked a bit on a couple different IM clients.

OK. I think that's about it for my activities the past several days. I'm only coming up with one other thing. I'm sure that you remember me talking about that square dance a couple weeks ago. Well, there's another one scheduled, this time on a Thursday night! The Lord has heard my prayers, and, I'm sure, those of several others as well! Hopefully, I'll see several of you all at the next one.

I need to get to bed now. Bye!

4 comments:

Morton Family said...

Jingle Jim's is one place we have heard of many times and would love to go to, but have not made it there yet! BTW, Wal Mart might have Warheads.
~S~

Isaac said...

Already checked. Nobody around here has them. The one place that I've found them for a decent price is (you'll never believe this) Ebay! :)

Anonymous said...

You never know how old the Warheads on eBay will be. 10 year old Warheads Mmmmm-Mmmmmm.

ztr_rider said...

About the square dance... yeah well, that's the Thursday before the Cedarville CCO Competition. I really don't know if I'll make it... If I have my license by then... hmmm... anyway, I'm really tired. Just a FYI.