Sunday, March 4, 2007

Wow!

Sorry. I know it's been a loooooong time since I've posted. :(

OK--Wednesday and Thursday were simply working really hard on the schoolwork. I generally did well on the tests that I had, but I did have a little trouble with a couple of them.

Friday we got up early to leave for Pennsylvania. We got to see my grandparents (my mom's parents) and we got to bring Nathaniel home from college! It's quite nice having him home.

Alrighty--we come to yesterday. Yesterday was busy. I left just after 0830 for a Cub Scout Pinewood Derby. In case you don't know what this is, the cubs make these little wooden cars, and then come to this event to race them. If you want more details, click
here. I ended up, after commanding the opening flag ceremony, running the concession stand most of the time. That was actually quite nice (mostly), especially because, since I was on "staff" for it, I got to have whatever I wanted free! This ended up being about 3/2 cans of mountain dew ("bumpas" had the rest :) and a lot of nachos, complete with nacho cheese. Yum!

After I got home, I mostly did two things: movie watching and wireless network setting up. We'd had a wireless router for some time, but it never worked "wirelessly," so we always had to use cables. However, Mom and Dad got a new router in town, so I got to set it up. The setup software didn't work the best, and I ended up having to call tech support, which I had never done for anything before. It was actually kind of enjoyable. The hold music was really nice, the technician's name was Isaac, and his personality almost seemed like mine. He was kind of joking around a little, which really eased my tension. The router had been giving me fits! Anyway, he helped me get past the step in the setup process that hadn't been working. However, the last step failed. By this time, I'd gotten off the line, and I didn't really want to call back. I ended up not bothering setting it up any further, since I'd already gotten a wireless network set up and secured.

I watched one whole movie and part of another. The part was the second half or so of Mansfield Park, a TV mini-series of a Jane Austen book. I didn't like it as much as Pride and Prejudice, but it wasn't bad. The second movie was The Guardian, semi-based on a true story about Coast Guard Rescue swimmers. *note: little bit of bad grammar ahead* I ain't doing that job. I couldn't do it, or anything even close. The pilot's job--possibly. I don't really like the idea of it, but I probably could if I have to. Anyway, the movie was good, except for one of the main character's interactions with his girlfriend.

OK--rebuttal on the previous post. Some of the stuff about Jane Fonda is true, and some of it isn't. I'm not going to bother with what is and what isn't, so if you want to know, check it out
here. I'm sorry for putting up the lies, and I'll try to remember to check things like this out in the future.

Today was quite good. We had (nearly) everyone at worship that's normally there. As well, we (my family) ended up staying there at the building for dinner with the Morton and Probst families. The dinner was make-your-own-sub. Yum! It was really good. After the dinner, we had a church psalm sing and evening worship followed that. We all stayed around and talked for a while afterwards, which is normal. I'm thinking we talked a little longer tonight than normal, but that isn't normally something that's annoying!
Well, I think that's about it. I'll leave you with a humorous picture that a friend sent. Thanks to you--you know who you are! I'll probably put up a bunch of funny pictures later in the week...


No comments: