Sunday, March 18, 2007

Hebrews 9:27-28

Well, hopefully you've either looked up these verses or else you have them memorized and don't need to look them up (Psalm 119:11). Anyway, in case you've done neither, here they are.

Hebrews 9:26-27: And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: (27) so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

This is a post asking for prayer. A college girl from church had been asking for prayer for a woman from her home congregation who'd been sick from cancer. Last week, the doctors thought she was doing remarkably better. However, this week, they found out that the cancer had spread throughout her body, making it vastly more difficult to eradicate. We prayed for this woman at church today, and half an hour later, she had met her Lord in His Glory. Please be praying for this woman's friends and family!

I really got hit by this and by the psalm meditation today. We were doing Psalm 9. Verse 10 really hit home to me, as I pray that it did for many others who heard the meditation. Here's the verse.

Psalm 9:10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

This is such a rich verse! Mr. Bump, our other elder, made a strong application from this verse (at least I believe it was this verse!) He basically looked straight at this girl and made the application that, since her friend was a believer, God would do what was best for her. I am pretty sure that he said that, even if it was His will for her to die, then she would, and it would be the absolute best for her! This really spoke to me. Since I am a child of God, He will look after me. I put my trust in Him. He will reward by not forsaking me! What a wonderful thing this is to have such an assuring promise, telling us that if we trust in Him He will never forsake us! I would elaborate more, but I can't really come up with words to describe it. If you're a believer, I'm sure you know what I'm meaning.

OK, now we're on to another part of the post. As I'd mentioned before, the
Mortons came over for dinner today. That was both a useful and enjoyable time. The food was excellent, the conversation was "excellenter," and the chair held together! I'll quickly put up a couple pictures from today's dessert period.


Ummm... This is Dad. I think he likes the food or something

A couple of the Morton girls and a college girl that they bring.


OK. I think that's it for right now. Oh, one last thing. I'm sure that someone will ask this, so I'll answer it right now. The dessert is strawberry shortcake, complete with strawberries (of course) and Redi-Whip. Bye!

4 comments:

erudil said...

Which verses did you want?

Anonymous said...

Yum!!!

Anonymous said...

The pictures turned out nice!
~S~

Anonymous said...

I lol'd at Mr. Pockras. xD