Saturday, March 31, 2007

*Yawn* I'm tired

Maybe next time I'll skip staying up until past 1:00. Oh well.

OK. Wednesday was schoolwork some more, except that we (Mom and I) were so infected with spring fever that we blew off school in the afternoon and went outside for a while. This meant that we did work that evening. You might be wondering how we did that with prayer meeting on Wednesday evenings. Well, Dad's been gone since that afternoon out in Columbus, IN, for a presbytery meeting. He's supposed to get back in today sometime.

Thursday was much the same as Wednesday, except the weather was even better. We did our first yardwork of the year, which was simply cleaning up a yard. Not much.

Yesterday was a first. Neither Mom nor I remember ever having mowed in March before. Well, we do now! It was really nice for three different reasons. (1) The yard looked very nice when we were finished with it, (2) it was wonderful outside yesterday (close to 80ยบ F) and (3) even though I'm not mercenary (usually!) the $30 was quite nice. I always enjoy the first time in the year that I have some money in the wallet. However, most of the money entering the wallet will probably be leaving it for the airport cash drawer (or whatever they keep money in) this summer. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a job there and get going with lessons. However, that's all up to what God wants. If you think of it, please be praying that it will indeed be God's will for me to do flying this summer.

OK. That brings you up to the minute (or close to it) with work. Now, on to an update for Eagle.

I'M DONE WITH THE RESEARCH PHASE!!!!!!

Thank the LORD for getting me done with it! Don't take that as meaning that I hated it; rather, it was actually not that bad. However, it was tiring at a few points. As well, I might not have enough time to have the monument completed and erected before Memorial Day. As yet another thing, please be praying that I can find a company that will have what I want for the price I want in the time I want!

Alright. Now, it's on to something else. I'm just wanting to put up all the things I want to do this summer. I'm not sure by any means that I'll be able to do all of them, but I wanna get some done.

(1) Become a better Christian.
(2) Earn (at least) my recreational pilot's license.
(3) Earn my driver's license (yeah sure.)
(4) Earn my Radio Operator's License.
(5) Go to COVFAMIKOI (church family conference.)
(6) Keep in shape with bike riding (see #10.)
(7) Get a job at the airport.
(8) Become a better shot (hopefully I can do plenty of shooting.)
(9) Go to summer camp and do COPE again (ropes course.)
(10) The
Mortons have invited me to help them hoe beans this summer. I'd like to do that and spend a Saturday riding my bike back from their house--70-mile trip! :)
(11) Spend a few days with Milkdud at his house and bum around.
(12) Spend at least 1 night with another couple friends from Scouts.
(13) Keep mowing yards.
These aren't really in any particular order, except that the first one is the main emphasis. That one I will especially strive for, as I normally try to do at all times. The others--some are more important than others. I'd really like it if I could do all of them, but that would mean very little free time. Oh well. I just thought I'd post this list and let everyone know about what I'm planning/wanting.
I've gotta get going now. There's a fair bit of school that I have to get done today. Unfortunately, when the weather is SOOOO nice, we get behind in schoolwork...

1 comment:

erudil said...

Why don't you do several of those things at once? Perhaps you could fly up to Mortons' and go hunting along the way.