Thursday, May 3, 2007

Last Few Days

I'm back to the old titles. Old and boring, but somewhat nostalgic, right? Yeah, sure.

Alrighty. Monday was a little bit busy. Not only was there schoolwork to get done, but of course there was mowing. As Mom noted in her journal, though, we seem to be getting in our "school-mowing schedule." We're getting a good bit of schoolwork done every day and still keeping up with mowing.

Tuesday was even busier. We had to run up to Lima, about 40 or so miles northwest of here. We stopped at the scout store there (which is surprisingly small) and also got to a Hobby Lobby to pick up a bunch of rocket kits. I'm running a small model rocket program for the Cub Scout pack I help out with, so the kits are kind of important. :) When we got back, it was on to school and mowing, the standards. However, as diligent readers of this blog will remember, Tuesday is also the meeting night for scouts. Since Milkdud wasn't able to be there, I ran the meeting, which generally went well. We had two boys, twins in fact, visiting. They're somewhat interested but not certain whether they want to join or not. I sure hope they do!

The other interesting thing on Tuesday was the storm system that came through. We were on the extreme southern edge of it, so we just got to see a fireworks display that was much better than any 4th of July celebration! I ended up sitting across the street with the neighbors, just having fun watching the nearly continuous lightning. Of course, (as you who know me would know) I was also watching the clouds to be on the lookout for anything threatening. The storm was developed, but it wasn't doing anything too bad. Unfortunately, there were other cells in this line that did produce tornadoes. Thankfully, nobody was killed, and very little property damage occurred.

OK. Yesterday was busy, and I mean busy for me. I managed to complete five different lessons, including two tests! One was a history test--I wasn't too concerned about that. Even though I'm not normally a big fan of history, it's about my easiest subject. The other test was English--that's not one of the easiest subjects! Thankfully, I still managed to do well on it. One note about this: it's sure nice being able to take a break in a hard test and just spend a couple minutes praying. It's refreshing, it's beneficial to the test-taker, and, above all else, it gives glory to the LORD.

Prayer meeting yesterday was better attended than sometimes, but not so well as other times. It was pretty much middling, attendance-wise. However, (also as diligent readers will remember) I really do enjoy the midweek prayer meetings. They are an excellent time to have fellowship with other believers and getting a spiritual refreshing, so-to-speak.
That's now up-to-date with the daily stuff. Now, on to the Eagle project.

Eagle's coming along nicely. The stone just got in down in the main engraving office down in London. Last night, the sales rep. called me to let me know that the dimensions are actually different. Instead of three feet tall, it's four, meaning that it looks nicer, fits more, and costs more (normally). However, the company is keeping the price the same, meaning it's actually taking a small loss. They're still certain that it'll be in by Memorial Day. The other part of the project--fundraising--is still going very well. Just the other day, a man came over to our house and handed me a $100 bill. :) I'm just over $400 now, 2/5 done with the goal. Praise the LORD for keeping this project going well! Now, I just need to finish filling out the Eagle Project Booklet and start on the thank-you notes.

I need to be getting going with school. Seeyas all later!

2 comments:

erudil said...

I don't think I've ever been to London.

Anonymous said...

Nope, the farthest I've ever been is Ireland ;)