Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I'm starting to slack off again...

Sorry. At least it was only 5 days this time, instead of 10 or something.

OK. Thursday wasn't very busy. Just same ol' same ol'.

Friday was different. We were quite busy. Not only did we have to cram a full school day and a full mowing day in, we only had until about 1500 or so to do it. Friday evening was Milkdud's Eagle Scout Court of Honor, so we had to be there nice and early to be ready for it and also to make sure that everyone else from the troop was ready. It went quite well overall, and the cake was excellent! :)

After that was over, we left for Findlay, where I was due to be taking the SAT Reasoning Test. While it wasn't until Saturday Morning, I had to be at the testing center at 0745, and this is over an hour from home! We stayed at a hotel overnight, and the mattress was almost as incredibly uncomfortable as the pillow, which is saying something!

I was quite nervous the next morning, although I didn't think I was. We had supper at a Cracker Barrel, and I ended up having next to nothing to eat. However, the SAT allowed you to take in snacks, provided that you didn't eat them in the room.

Well, I showed up, registered, and went into the room. I'd been praying a lot that God would give me someone to talk to during the breaks. Well, I sat down in my assigned seat, and one of the first things I heard was a guy 2 seats over and 3 seats up telling a girl about his Eagle Scout project! All right! I'm sure thankful for answers to prayer like that. :) The other guy and I hit it off really well.

Other than the fact that I believe the test went well, I'm not really allowed to say anything else until I get the test results back. Sorry.

The rest of the day was great! After a ton of mental exertion, which also drained me physically somewhat, I got to enjoy a long progressive dinner from church. Starting at the Morton house in Defiance, it went to the Probst house outside of Blufton and ended at Bumpas' house. I had a great time, especially since a bit of the time I was in high physical exertion and low mental exertion activities. The stage at the Mortons was over soon after we got there, but I got to stay the entire time at Probsts and most of the rest. Probsts have a bunch of great stuff, including a small zipline, a spud gun, and a carpetball table. Man, I could spend a few days there. Hopefully, this summer, I'll have a chance to do so! :)

The last stage was great. Not only did we have tacos and a fire, we got to play some Capture the Flag. Unfortunately, we only had about 20 minutes to do it, and neither team wanted to be on the offensive. However, it was still kinda nice.

Sabbath was good. We had about normal attendance, and everything was pretty much the same as normal. Most of the people from church were staying for dinner there at church and, since I was invited, I stayed and had a great time talking with everyone and eating leftover tacos from the day before!

After the dinner was over, we had a half-hour-long psalm sing, then evening worship. Quick side note: I really like Covfamikoi for many reasons, but one of the biggest ones is that there's an hour-long psalm sing every day. I really love the privilege of singing the Lord's Holy Words back to Him. It's so awesome (in the real meaning of the word) to do so, especially when there's a large group singing. However, even with a small group, it's still awe-inspiring, especially as you realize that these words were given directly by God for this use! Wow.

OK. Monday. I had a Cub Scout meeting to get to, where I directed the construction of model rockets. It was a bunch of fun. Really. After that, I got out to the American Legion meeting, where I got another $250 for my project! Thankfully, I'm up to almost $800 now, so everything's about done.

The other thing about Monday that was actually the best was that Nathaniel got home from college! I've really been looking forward to this, since he and I get along very well, much better than we used to! :)

Today was a bit different. I've done mowing, a scout meeting, other stuff for Eagle, and work on my own model rocket. I've gotten materials for the concrete base for the stone donated, so that's nice. I'm also having a campout here this weekend to dig the hole and put in the concrete. Everything's seeming to be going well on the project. I just hope that doesn't end!

Alrighty. I think that's about it except for one more thing. I think everyone (or mostly everyone) who regularly reads this blog would like this video. So, I'm putting it up. Please don't flame me if you don't like it. :)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice video!

Anonymous said...

You must have been nervous Saturday AM. You still haven't figured out that we had breakfast at Cracker Barrel, not supper.