Friday, February 12, 2010

So it wasn't just *one* snow day

We had no classes from 3:30 Tuesday afternoon to night classes Thursday.  Lots of free time.  *Lots.*  It gave me plenty of opportunity to relax, sleep in (until 11), play games, play in the snow, help dig out cars and sidewalks, and even get some schoolwork done.


Thankfully, we didn't get a ton more snow.  It was around 6 inches on top of the 20-something we already had, so it was a big, but at least it wasn't another 20.  I was talking with a man working with Physical Plant (the people that, among other things, handle snow removal), and he said they were running out of places to put it.  I don't doubt it in the slightest - there are about a half dozen really massive snow piles around campus, with the biggest one being about 20 feet tall...   maybe more.  One nice thing with the snow was that Student Activities sponsored a building competition to see what people would come up with.  Each dorm was supposed to get a team together and spend 2 hours building, and at the end, the dorm that won would get 15 free pizzas.  Don't know who won, but it wasn't my dorm.  :D  I'll get some pictures of that stuff up before long.


Well, I have several blisters on my hands from having fun over the last several days.  I spend 2 hours this week on the bouldering wall in the Pisgah office here at Geneva.  Basically, bouldering is like a rock climbing wall, only you go horizontally, not vertically.  You start on one part of the wall, and just work your way around.  By "go horizontally" I'm meaning the direction you travel, not the orientation of your body.  :D  I'm planning on doing around 2 hours a week for a while, since I need to do something for working out.  It seems to be pretty good for that.  I'll make sure to get some pictures of that too.  :D


So, the downside of having the break was that the work's been pushed over a little bit.  After looking at my schedule for next week, I realized that I have a Bible test on Monday, a Communications test on Tuesday, a Business Communications test on Wednesday, and a Quantitative Analysis test on Thursday.  I would appreciate a bit of prayer that I would do well and stay sane.  Both are kind of important to me.  :P


I have a humanities paper I need to write, so I'll get going.  I'll hopefully update before too long with some more pictures.

4 comments:

Bumpas said...

You guys have a bouldering wall? I really do need to come visit...

lilbump said...

So what is up with the fish? Glad you had fun in the 2 feet of snow. We got less :)

Thinks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thinks said...

Well this isn't like facebook in that I can simply post something new on your wall, so I'll make my first post on your blog attached to the most recent post you've written. I'm enjoying your blog and planning on reading the back posts over time. The pictures add life to it as well. Take care and see ya around. Toodles!