Monday, February 8, 2010

Campus pictures from the snow

So, this morning, after finishing up my three classes, including a test that I think went very well, I decided to go around campus with my camera and see if I could get some good shots of some of the buildings.  Since some of my readers haven't been here before and those who have might not have seen how nice the campus looks with the amazing blanket of snow, I decided to post some of the pictures I took.  




Part of Old Main, the oldest and mainest building on campus.  Go figure, huh?


Northwood Hall.  This is where most of my business classes are.  It's named after Northwood, Ohio, which is where Geneva started.  It's also about 3 miles from my house.  :)



Another view of Old Main from a different side of the building.


The clock in roughly the middle of campus, with McKee Hall, a women's dorm, in the background.


The McCartney Library.  Really nice-looking building.  I spend a bit of time studying in there.



Ferncliffe House.  This building is mostly used for offices.



Pearce Hall.  Home sweet home for me - it's the freshman men's dorm.


Looking across the Beaver River valley to the hills on the other side.


This is looking down to the rugby field, at the snow mound I had pictures about before.  I found out - the actual term for a snow structure like this is a "quinzee."

So, that's it for the snow for now.  We're supposed to get several more inches in the next few days - assuming that happens, I'll definitely get some more pictures and put them up.  Hope you enjoyed the virtual campus tour!

2 comments:

Dad said...

Very nice. Give me Tahiti anytime, weather-wise.

Isaac said...

Even with a hurricane? Or whatever they call a hurricane in those waters...