Thursday, August 27, 2009

The first two full days of college orientation

This has really gone fast. So, I'm posting from my dorm room at Geneva. I'm really starting to feel like I fit in here. In fact, on the bus back from a trip to a huge park this evening, I remarked to the girl next to me, "Well, we're in Beaver Falls. About back home now." Didn't even think about that until a couple minutes later. That's most likely a good sign. :)

Yesterday morning wasn't pleasant. I woke up and wasn't feeling good... and a few minutes later ended up throwing up. After that I felt better, but I had slept badly, so I was tired all day. However, this morning, the schedule was a bit nicer, so I slept in until about 9. I didn't feel the best this morning, but it wasn't quite so bad. Mom and Dad are thinking that maybe I have some allergy problems, so I got some Triaminic today... hopefully that's going to help.


Another great thing here at school is that I'm really getting to know a bunch of people. My roommate and I are getting along great. My L&T (Learning and Transition) group is great. It's just fun walking to the other side of campus, and on the way there stopping to talk a few times with people I know. Fun times.

Last night, the entire freshman class went down to Pittsburgh for the evening. After wandering around for a while, and hanging out some at Station Square (really neat place - go there if you get the chance), we went on a boat cruise up both rivers. That was really fun in a lot of ways, especially getting the chance to check out the city at night. Milling around talking with people and meeting them was nice too. :)

Not really sure what else to put up here now. I played Ultimate Frisbee for about 2 hours straight this evening, so I really need to get a shower, and then most likely hit the sack. I'll try to keep updating. Seeya!

No comments: