Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Only 12 more days at home...

Yep. By August 24, I will have left for school. This summer has gone by unbelievably fast. Sigh.

So, I went on a campout this last Monday and Tuesday. Our scout troop went to a local horse place, called Marmon Valley Farm. I was one of two guys belaying on the climbing wall for about 1 and a half hours. Since neither one of us was getting paid, both of us got to climb as well. That was lots of fun. After that, we hit a challenge course for a little while, before heading back to camp and then heading on home. However, the best part of the campout wasn't the climbing. It wasn't the challenge course. It wasn't even the pizza that a couple of the other guys and I ordered for supper on Monday evening (yeah, we ordered pizza on a scout campout). The best part had to be the 45 minutes spent on devotions Monday night.

During that time, we first started by concentrating on 1 Corinthians 16:13. "Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong." Basically, this breaks down into 4 parts very easily. Hopefully you've figured that much out already. We spent about 20 minutes thinking about this, mainly applications for it. Then, the man running the devotions asked Matt and me if we had anything to add. We ended up taking it the rest of the time. It was a great time. We were able to give some (I believe) good advice to the younger guys there. I know I said it already, but it really was great.

So, that was the campout. Except for one thing. We played ultimate frisbee on Monday night. 2 games. They were GREAT. It was tons of fun. Then, Tuesday night, I played again. That was at a going away party for one of my best friends, Andrew. He's leaving for California this next Monday, going to The Master's College. I'm going to Geneva, in Pennsylvania. Really far apart. The party was great - got to meet some more of Andrew's other friends, got to play ultimate, got to help out with a great bonfire, and got to talk a ton with lots of people. Just... it was a bummer to have to say goodbye to Andrew.

I guess that's it for now. Seeya later!

No comments: