Thursday, August 20, 2009

Interesting past couple of days...

So yesterday was very interesting. All of us went down to Cincinnati for the day to take Grandmother to a doctor's appointment. We were there for quite a while, mainly because of visiting with some more family in the area. As well, the trip back home took longer since we stopped at a Bob Evan's for supper and the food took forever. However, the delays were definitely good. Since we were delayed, we were able to pull off at a rest stop along I-75 just below Piqua. We pulled over since my phone had gotten a text alert from the Weather Channel that Logan County was under a tornado warning. That always makes the adrenal glands work harder.

Turns out there weren't any tornadoes. We did get to see at least one wall cloud, with maybe another weaker one. The definite one was very well-formed. Quite an interesting sight... thankfully not a dangerous one for anyone. There was a lot of wind, rain, and hail though. The northern part of Logan County here didn't get so much as the southern part, but there was still plenty of rain. We got about 1.3 inches, which was great - we really needed it. The lightning also was really spectacular, especially since it was night before we got home finally.

The other big thing was that today was my driver's license test. I passed. :) I almost didn't on the maneuvering part of the test, but did try over again and the examiner passed me that time. The driving part was quite easy, and I did a good job on it. So, I have the license. The only problem is that the new licenses are... pink. Blargh. Oh well. :P

So, that's it for now. Tomorrow and Saturday are going to involve a lot of packing. This coming Lord's day is my last full day at home until I leave for college... wow, that's hard to believe.

No comments: