Saturday, December 1, 2007

Unfortunately, no more flying...

As the title says. I got some groundschool done, but both of the Eclipse's (trainer aircraft) are down for maintenance. Oh well. The weather near the end of the time when I was doing the lesson fell apart incredibly. We had a sleet squall. Quite interesting for the plane that was about 2 miles out, on approach for the runway. They were a bit nervous for a little while. It turned out all right, though.

Our Scout troop marched in the Christmas parade today in the county seat, Bellefontaine. Bumpas and I got to be the main color guard for the Scout section of the parade, holding a large American flag. It got kinda cold since we had to have uniforms showing (no coats.) As well, I wasn't wearing gloves, since I wanted to be able to hold the flagpole very securely. Everything worked out nicely, as I warmed up afterwards with a nice cup of hot chocolate. :)
Schoolwork yesterday was interesting. I did well on a pre-calc test, completed some physics, and finished up with British literature. Literature isn't my favorite, but this was interesting, reading some of the works of Sir Thomas More and then William Tyndale. More could have been such an asset, if he would have seen the truth. As it is, he was a horrible detriment to the progress of God's Word. Thankfully, the Lord has said that His Word will endure forever, and Tyndale was a tool to help that. I hadn't remembered this, but about 90% of the KJV is Tyndale's translation. This man lived only until his early 40's until he was publicly strangled as a heretic, but his contributions continue today.
I'm thinking that's it for right now. I'll try to keep up posting regularly.

No comments: