Thursday, November 29, 2007

Flying, Mowing, and School

Well, that's what I've been up to. Tonight, for the first time in just shy of two weeks, I finally got to go up again. I finished up the night flying requirements for my license, and had a blast doing it at the same time. While en route from one airport to another, my instructor and I were heading with a nice strong wind, strong enough that the GPS said our groundspeed was 155 knots top speed. :D Fastest I've ever gone in an Eclipse. We did have a little trouble with one plane at another airport, since he hadn't announced his intentions over the radio, so we gave him a wide berth so we wouldn't have any risk of a "fender bender".

Flying at night again was fun. The weather was just about perfectly clear. We could see all over the place! It was pretty incredible, seeing the light displays some people put up. Wow. I think a few people spent a lot of money on lights. :D

School has been going well. We got a lot of work done yesterday and today, and we're starting to get caught up. Today was a math lesson, chapter review, and non-graded quizzes. Tomorrow's the chapter test. Great fun. Oh well. I also did English and physics a bit today. So far, the physics is ending up being quite fun (most of the time! :) Overall, it's been a good school year, except for the many interruptions for yardwork, flying, and a death in the family.

Yes, we mowed yesterday. No, we're not out of our minds. A yard had tons of leaves, and we didn't want to blow it all. Also, the grass was pretty tall and thick, so we just mowed it! It was kind of fun. We're thinking about mowing our yard here at home on Saturday, just to say we mowed grass in December! :D

Well, I think that's about it. I'm going to try to keep posting more often, so check back frequently. Good night.

No comments: