Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Time for a new post

As the title says.

OK. Letsee. Flying? Some. Yardwork? Some. School? A bit. Scouts? Plenty. Blogging? Not till now!

Church has been pretty much the same. A family from about 40 miles to the west has been coming a bit, which is quite nice. :) The adult and high schoolers class has started on a new book. It's "20 Controversies that Almost Killed a Church" by Richard Ganz. So far, it appears to be quite useful and edifying, but I've only been there for one lesson. I trust it'll be the same for the rest of the book! :) Other than that, there's nothing else new or unusual going on.

Yardwork has been interesting. Mom and I aren't remembering the last time that we had to work this late. We actually mowed a yard three days before Thanksgiving! Weird. Thankfully, the grass is practically done, and the leaves have pretty much totally fallen. I think we're done until the snow falls enough that it needs to be shoveled.

Flying has been interesting. I haven't gone up for about two weeks, mostly due to weather and having been gone in Pennsylvania for six days for Thanksgiving. However, I did have a great time on Friday the 16th. I got to do a long (I mean long) trip. After leaving Bellefontaine, I headed off for Delaware (OH) Municipal Airport, a little under 35 miles to the east. I landed, taxiied back to the runway, and took off again for Wood County Airport (Bowling Green), just over 70 miles north. I hung around Wood Co. for quite a while, even walking nearly a mile round trip to get "lunch" at Arby's. Lunch ended up being a group of eight very tasty mozzarella sticks and a large cup of Pepsi. Yum. I'd already had some Dew earlier, in case you're wondering why I had Pepsi and not Dew. Anyway, I ate and drank, then headed back for Bellefontaine. The total trip ended up being about 166 nautical miles, or 191 statute miles. Long trip! It was lotsa fun.

Now, I'm unfortunately having my solo endorsement running out on Friday, so after Thursday I can't fly by myself anymore until I go up with an instructor again. However, that won't be much of a problem, since I was needing to go up with an instructor soon again anyway. Hopefully, I'll be able to get back into the swing of things soon and get up in the air more regularly again, soon to be getting ready for the Private Pilot checkride. I'm also working on a home study DVD course to get ready for the written test, so I'm keeping busy.

Schoolwork is going well. Nothing new here.

Scouts--we've had a bunch of younger guys interested in our troop. There's a chance that we could have up to 9 (I think) 11-year-olds joining our troop at the same time. Wow. That just about made my heart skip when I said that. Heh. It would be a very interesting experience to get that many new boys at once. Oh well. We're in a Christmas parade this Saturday, then next weekend we're on a hike, most likely at Kiser [sic] Lake south of here a little ways.

Thanksgiving was very nice. We all got to spend four whole days and parts of two other days in PA. My grandpa, who'd broken a hip, is doing quite well, considering the circumstances. We got to see a bunch of family, eat plenty of simply delicious food, and participate in several crazy games of Taboo. Thanksgiving is great for the food, family, and fun, but it's best for showing us what God has blessed us with.

I think that's it for right now. I'll hopefully post more regularly, but I also realize how frightening it is that I say that almost every post. I'll close with a video. It shows the REAL way to enjoy classical music. Good night all!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great fun on the video! Though, somehow, I have a hard time thinking that this is what Dvorak envisioned when he wrote the "Carnival Overture".