Friday, November 9, 2007

It's been a while

I never seem to remember to do this and have the drive to do it, unless I don't have access to the computer. Sigh.

Well, for starters, my grandma went to be with the Lord the day after the last post. She was indeed placing her trust in Christ, so she had every hope of deliverance, and we're confidant that now her suffering is over. As several friends of mine who've recently lost grandparents struggling with life can understand, it's very hard, but it's bittersweet. You hate to see them go, but, if they're in Christ, it's a great blessing to them to depart their life of sin, and be with their Lord, and be free of imperfection.

On happier thoughts, I surpassed my goal with popcorn sales for Scouts by nearly 200 dollars! :) As well, yardwork for the year is nearly over, so I have more time now to dedicate to school, flying, and other activities.

School: Everything's going very well. The Math and Physics are fun (for the most part), English and British Literature aren't too bad, and Government is actually quite easy. So far, I'm enjoying my senior year. Grades are good, and we're behind some, but, since we were out in Pennsylvania for a week when we weren't planning to be, that's kind of understandable.

Flying's been going great as well. I'm up to 20.7 hours, out of the 40 required. Tomorrow, God willing, I'm flying a pretty long distance: around 166 nautical miles. As long as the weather's good, I'll be flying this four-stop course as a requirement for my license. Boy, I'm looking forward to it. I sure hope God blesses me with clouds high enough and winds low enough! :) I think I'm still on track to be getting my license on my birthday, January 7. Yet again, weather seems to be the key factor. We'll see how it works out.

Church has been pretty much the same since the last post. The only major thing that's happened is that we've bought a TV/DVD player combo for use in the Adult Sabbath School class. Please keep praying for clear guidance for the Belle Center RP Church!

I'm going to sign off now. Hopefully I'll get back into posting more often. Before I go, I have one more thing, though. Any of you heard of Paul Potts? Well, watch this video, even if you have. He was a cell phone salesman who auditioned for Britain's Got Talent. Here is the video from that night.


No comments: