Monday, June 25, 2007

Last Couple Days

Boy, I'm real inventive with the post titles, ain't I? :)

Anyway. Saturday was actually boring some of the day. I didn't have a ton to do, and a couple friends who I was thinking about visiting weren't able to, so I ended up sitting around and playing Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 much of the day. I discovered a "trainer" that, among other things, can change the chain speed of a roller coaster. I made a kiddie coaster with a chain speed of 255 MPH, complete with around 6 lateral G's. :) Nobody wanted to ride it, though.

Yesterday was very good. We had just short of 50 people at church, which made up for last week. Since it was the last Sabbath of the month, we had worship at 1 as usual, then Sabbath school, then the second worship service, and finally a congregational dinner. Great food, great conversations. It was, as nearly always, edifying and enjoyable.

The "early" sermon was based on Acts 16, and was the completion of Dad's series on Christian Basics. It went over what we, as Christians, need to know about our state, about our Lord, and about His way for our salvation. Then, it summarized what we are to do with that knowledge.

The "late" sermon was on John 13:18-30, entitled "The Traitor." We see here that Christ has chosen Judas from the beginning, not for the same reason as the other disciples, but so that he will betray Him. When Christ reveals that one of the disciples will betray Him, they are all horrified, and each begins to think, "Is it I?" Surely, they had cause to be afraid, for any one of us could have done it. Peter, who thought himself strong and devoted to his Master, betrayed Him three times! However, even when Christ reveals who the traitor is, the disciples don't totally realize it, which is good, because they probably would have torn him in pieces! However, as always, God's Plan was for the best, and they didn't figure it out until later.

Well, today's going to be great. I'll probably be mowing for the first time in nearly three weeks, since we had a bit of rain recently, also for about the first time in three weeks. Thankfully, this will also resume my income a bit. I'll be needing that, since, today, I'm starting flight lessons! :) I'm scheduled to arrive at the airport for the intro flight at 1000, but a bunch of that time will be groundwork and such. However, since I'll be at the airport until 1200, I'm sure there'll be plenty of time for the flight. Also, tonight there's a baseball/birthday party here in town, and most of the people from church are coming. I'm looking forward to that too, so you can see my day will be busy.

Well, I need to go get breakfast. If it was here, I'd go with a fighter pilot's breakfast. What's that, you ask? Kool-aid (not much taste, but sugar nonetheless), a pop-tart (quick, easy, tasty), and a banana. Why the banana? It's the only food that tastes the same going down or coming up! :)

Bye!


Video is kinda funny. :)

No comments: