Saturday, June 27, 2009

Way too long since a post

Since the last post, I've been doing plenty of various stuff for church, flying, mowing, scouts, etc.

I'll tackle the flying part first. The checkride was scheduled for one day, but the examiner had to cancel, so it was rescheduled for later in the week. As of a week ago, I'm now a Multiengine-rated pilot, both private and instrument. The checkride itself went well overall, except for some muscle memories that I had formed that nearly had me bust the checkride. During training, we had often shut the engine off in-flight, relatively near the ground. However, on a checkride, if you actually turn off the engine anywhere less than 3000 feet above the ground, it's an automatic bust. Thankfully, the examiner spotted what I was doing and rather quickly let me know, in no uncertain terms, I wasn't allowed to do that. :D After I explained why I was going to do it, he was OK with it. Otherwise, everything went well.

As far as church goes, most of last week was spent at our Covfamikoi family conference. Basically, it's our presbytery conference. We were at the conference Monday through Friday. It was an incredible blessing in many ways. I learned so much about the Lord and about His church. The main speaker was Anthony Selvaggio. All of his talks were on various aspects of Proverbs. The lectures were challenging, in a good way. The fellowship with other believers was also really great. I ended up being in the college group, instead of the high school group. That, in itself, took a bit of adjusting to. Oh well.

Unfortunately, I've not been doing too much with Scouts. I've been doing other things. So, as a result, for the first time since 2004, I'm not going to Scout summer camp. That's a big bummer.

However, the reason I'm not going is a great one. I'll be in Pittsburgh, at our denomination's seminary, for a program called TFY - Theological Foundations for Youth. The plan is to be leaving early Monday morning by Greyhound. Hopefully, it will work out. The only potential problem is that I woke up this morning with some pretty good aches and pains, and also a strong headache. During the day, the aches and pains went away, the headache stayed, and a fever hopped on board. Right now, I'm not feeling too bad, but I don't know if it will stay that way. I need to simply trust the One who gave me this disease, whatever it is, and the One who can take it away. Please be praying that whatever I have will get shaken! Thanks!

No comments: