Sunday, June 7, 2009

So, it seems that I had forgotten to post for a while.

Since the last time I'd posted, I've been working a lot on getting my computer back to a functional form again. It looks like I've been able to mostly. Thankfully.

There really hasn't been a lot going on lately. I've biked once (hoping to make it more before long), mowed a lot of yards, or rather quite a few several times over, and done some more driving practice. Hopefully, I'll be getting my license soon.

The two big things lately are both having to do with aviation. One was last night, at our Scout Council Awards dinner. The dinner itself was at a new museum in the county just south of us. While there, I got to sit in the cockpit of a DC-3, which was really neat. However, even better, I was then able to get in the cockpit of a Eurocopter Dauphin, which is a helicopter used by Miami Valley Hospital for their Careflight division. That was tons of fun. Also, at the dinner, I received the award of Tecumseh Council's Youth of the Year, which included a $100 savings bond. Not too bad. :P

I'm pretty excited about what I'm going to be starting tomorrow. Bright and early, I'm heading in to the airport and starting my multi-engine training. I'll be training in a Diamond Twin Star, serial #2. :D I'm really looking forward to the plane and the training. However, most all of my time this week will be taken up with the training. Monday-Wednesday will take up just under 30 hours spent at the airport. Then, we're leaving for Pennsylvania on Thursday, staying at Grandpa's house. Friday is the Preview Day for Geneva (including a few tests, I believe :( ), then we head home that night. I have a little bit of time on Saturday scheduled at the airport as well. Then, the plan is for me to take the multi checkride Monday morning, and then leave that afternoon and get back the following Friday. That time is at Covfamikoi, our presbytery family conference. So... I'm busy.

Hope to be able to update quickly a few times during the next few days, just to let anyone that reads it know how the training is going.

Edit: By the way, I really should include a picture of the Twin Star. Check out this for a picture of the aircraft itself (not the same one, but close enough.) Also, here's a semi-good picture of the cockpit.

No comments: