Friday, February 15, 2008

We're back.

As the title says...



Basically, Nathaniel had another seizure. It wasn't one of the major ones. He's doing fine now.

After the seizure occured, he went to a local hospital's emergency room for a while. After some testing, he was released. Other than the fact that he's in no immediate danger, that's about all we know. Hopefully, the neurologist will be able to shed some more light on the situation.

We got out there around 2000 on Saturday evening. After talking with Nathaniel a while, Mom and Dad went up to Rose Point (next county north) to stay with my grandpa, while I got to stay at Geneva. Since Nathaniel had permission to violate the fire code for a night, we got a spare mattress from the across-the-hall neighbor (who doesn't have a roommate) and I slept on that, in the middle of the floor. :)

That evening was really nice, since we got to hang out with some Indiana friends. Hansons from Southside were out. Actually, it was they who helped out a ton with Nathaniel--they'd noticed his having the seizure, and they took him out to the hospital, and even brought him back! Thanks!


Anyway, we got to hang out with them and Nathaniel's roommate, Luke Dinkledine, for a couple hours. It was really great.

Well, Sabbath was good (as normal). Since we were in PA, we all went to Eastvale RPC, Nathaniel's home congregation when he's at school. That was really good--everyone there is always great to talk to, and, more importantly, the service (since it was through Christ) was glorifying to God, and the sermon was quite edifying. That evening, since they don't have an evening service, we attended the Bible study, which was also quite excellent.

Sabbath night, I stayed across the hall from Nathaniel, since nobody wanted the fire code broken much. The guy whose room I stayed with is a pretty good friend, one that I've known for several months (through Nathaniel, of course), so we had a nice time. However, I woke up the next morning with... *drum roll*

THE FLU!!!!

Thankfully, it didn't hit too quickly. Mom and Dad also thought they had it, although lighter, so we decided to come home. The trip seemed to take forever, but we got back safely.


Tuesday was really bad for me. High fever and lots of acheing all day long. Not fun.

Yesterday, and continuing into today, I've been recovering. I still have this cough that's really annoying. However, it's had the benefit of getting me used to Robitussin. I really don't like that stuff, but it's getting more bearable.

That's our news. One last thing--I just did some flying on my flight simulator here on the computer. I flew a precision instrument approach into Dayton International Airport while in bad weather. Basically, without looking at anything but stuff on the instrument panels (except for the last little bit), I landed a plane. It was cool. Now, I wanna do some more practice of this in real life. :)

Good night all! Sorry this post is later than promised--flu slows you down a lot.

No comments: