Saturday, February 23, 2008

Out of jail!

Well, I'm out. It was an interesting experience...
Seriously, it was a visit for a merit badge for Scouts. I was there, touring, along with a couple of other guys from the troop, for about an hour. It was really an interesting experience. I'm rather glad that, unlike a few guys in there, I'm not so familiar with being in jail that I know the daily routine by heart. Some of them have been in there for several years, not having fresh air for a few months at a time. Phew. Sin is a horrible thing, ain't it?
Well, since then, I've been busy. Not busy enough to skip a blog post--I just wanted to keep you all hanging. :P

School's been going well. Since last week we did nothing, we've been trying to make a comeback. We've succeeded, mostly. I think we're on track for this week, so we only added another week to the behindness. Oh well. We'll get done eventually. I had one really good math test, and one not so good physics test. They averaged out. :P
I had the Merit Badge Trail Drive today. I assisted with the Aviation merit badge class, feeling kinda weird correcting the two adult counselors. They both had lots of experience with aircraft, but mainly on the ground, so they'd asked me to help correct any mistakes they made. I did so, but it felt strange. The other two classes (I was a mere participant in Energy and Radio, the other two classes) went well, and I had fun. Learned some things, too. :)
Well, I'd reserved a plane out at the airport for Monday morning, and had planned to have Milkdud go up with me. However, when I talked to him this morning, he didn't think it would work, so, since the weather today was so nice, we worked it out... He and I went up this evening/late afternoon. The weather was the nicest I'd had in about a month. Almost no winds, almost no clouds... it was wonderful. Hopefully, I'll have pictures sooner or later.
It's been a long day. Great day, but long. Good night everyone, and have a great Lord's Day!

No comments: