Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Where to begin...

As the title says. Since the last post, I've only flown once (yesterday), but I've been to the presbytery high school winter conference, gotten a few Christmas presents, and done plenty of other stuff.

OK. I'll just sort of analyze the general things. First of all, anyone that can identify the aircraft recording correctly, leave a comment. Just tell what the name of the aircraft is. It shouldn't be too hard.

Alrighty. First, Winter Conference. Wow. It was, as I said a couple days ago, fun, useful, safe, and edifying. I met a lot of new friends and strengthened old friendships. The lectures/messages/sermons (whatever you want to call them) were given by Bob McCracken. The subject was "Living as an RP Christian." They were excellent.

I have plenty of pictures from WC, and I'll be putting them up on Facebook. In a later post (and I will make sure I do it) I'll put in a public link for getting to them. Everything at WC was great. I'm not really able to come up with anything bad. As normal, I didn't get much sleep, but I didn't stay up most of the night like normal, since the last night was a Friday.

OK. That's it for WC for now. I'll probably edit in a link or two here later.

*EDIT* First album is here. Hope everyone likes it.

Second album

Third album

Christmas was good. Everyone in Dad's family was there, including my grandmother and all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins. Of course, now that I look at it, that would be everyone. Oh well. I ended up getting several nice things for presents. A new Air Maui hat came in from my uncle, since the old one didn't hold up the best. The same uncle gave me an iPAQ, a handheld computer that's really nice. Other than that, I got a new Victorinox knife and a 2Gb mp3 player from Mom and Dad, and cash from various people. Everything turned out nicely.

Yesterday I got to fly again for the first time in 13 days. The clouds were low enough at my destination that I had to slip in pretty low, but I was still legal. After hanging around the Defiance airport for a little while talking with Mortons and having them check out the plane, I left again. The closer I got to home, the higher the clouds got, until they were so high the plane couldn't get even close to them. Eventually, they pretty much disappeared, so I got to just have fun flying around the county quite high up (more than a mile), something I'd not been able to do in a long time due to the weather.

OK. Well, that's it for now. I'm off to put pictures on Facebook. Look for them here soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that's a Huey helicopter.


Mom (who is learning this aviation stuff by osmosis!)

Anonymous said...

are you going to put up the recordings of the messages and testimonies? i would love to hear lois's testimony again.

Isaac said...

Yup. That's tomorrow's work.