Thursday, April 12, 2007

Time for a new post

Sorry about the delay there. I kept thinking that I needed to be putting a new one up, but never thought it while at the computer with enough time to do it! :)

Alrighty. The rest of Saturday wasn't bad. We ended up going to Fazoli's for lunch as a sort of celebration. That was nice. I had some schoolwork to finish up, but not a ton.

Sabbath was quite good. Attendance was a little bit down, since the Mortons were out of town. We had the Probst family from church stay for dinner with us and a couple of ladies from church, which was a great time of fellowship and fun, not to mention plenty of good eats! The sermons were quite useful. I think that's it for then.

Monday, not much. School. That was about it.

Tuesday was different. I started into some bug or the other, and was having a bit of both mental and physical fatigue. Nothing really bad, but I was tired and was having a bit of trouble thinking. We got a little bit of yardwork done in the late afternoon before we headed off to the troop meeting.

That went mostly well. I was both the main speaker and the main leader, since Milkdud, the SPL, was absent. I gave a presentation on signals to use if you're lost. These would include basic ground-to-air signals, fires, mirrors, etc. After the presentation, everyone went outside and most of them had to make as many signals as possible from memory alone. Sean, Bumpas, and I all just watched them and shouted out how much time they had left. :)

We also did a little bit of planning for the campout this weekend to Hocking Hills. It ought to be plenty of fun, but it'll be cold and wet. Oh well. That's a campout for you! :)

Yesterday, I was still having some problems with the bug. Because of both this and the fact that some regular attendees were sick, prayer meeting got canceled. I ended up doing a bit of schoolwork and a few pinball games. :) The best of the evening ended up slightly over 18 million points. In case you didn't know this, I love playing pinball (on ME's pinball game--the physics on ME are different from those on XP) and I'm pretty good at it. My record is just above 31 million points.
Today was a bit more schoolwork and a run up to Findlay to visit the mom/grandma of one of the families from church. She's in the hospital for some major fluid drainage, and she seems to be doing a bit better after the fluids were drained. Please be praying for continued recovery for her!
Other than that, we also had the district (this county) adult Scouter's Roundtable, which is just a monthly meeting to bring everyone up-to-date on activities coming up. I made an announcement about needing money for my eagle project, and got some money and promises of more coming. I've already had one generous donor pledge enough to cover the foundation. I'm really encouraged that the Lord has given me what He has so far, and I'm confident that He will give me enough to complete the fundraising. Incidentally, while I'm on this topic, if you have the ability and the inclination, I'd be happy to get a donation from you, whoever is reading this! :)
I think that's about it. I'll try to update more regularly. Bye for now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see that you have gotten donnations from people at Round Table. I bet this will be of great help. Answer to prayer.

erudil said...

Your talking about celebrating at Fazolis reminds me of Nathan Hart's post a couple of years ago, when his cross country (or track) team went there for a celebratory dinner, and he drank the cup with everything, even spaghetti and breadsticks.

Anonymous said...

Trouble thinking, Isaac?

Perish the thought.

(ooooh, c-c-c-c-combo!)