Tuesday, April 3, 2007

April Fool's joke

Yes, that's what it was. I only really got one person with it, but oh well. I will continue blogging.

Ummmm... Monday (yesterday, I suppose) was busy. I did some schoolwork in the morning, but not a ton. After that, we got a big job done. We had a major cleanup job on a yard and then mowed it. It was fun, but it was good tough work. :)

Yesterday evening was also a cub scout meeting night. We only had (I think) 8 boys there, especially since the main local school district is on spring break this week. It was fun, especially since the weather was so nice. We ended up going outside, where we did kickball. The teams were all the boys vs. Bumpas (the other den chief), me, the cubmaster, and a mom. We won. :)

As I'm sure you've all heard the bad news, I won't go into graphic detail. The Buckeyes lost. 84-75. Grrrrrr.

Today was even less schoolwork. Nada. I got a lot of work done on my Eagle project, though. I have (potentially) a great praise. I can quite possibly get a very good stone for a stupendously low price, since this is for veterans. Hopefully, all works out. If it does, my job will be close to done. If it doesn't, God will provide. He will anyway. It's been a great encouragement all through my project, knowing that the LORD will be with me all the way and will help. Actually, I should put that in past, present, and future.

Tangent time. Can't remember if I spelled that right, but that's not important compared to what I'm about to say. Building on what I just said in the previous paragraph, isn't it wonderful to have this incredible assurance. If you are in Christ, He will never leave you! He will always know what is best for you and He will always do that. Everything that happens is for the best. He will always guide us in the best possible situations. That flat tire that made you late for work? It would have been bad for you not to have had it. That grandfather (speaking to myself, partly) who you loved passing away? It was good. For Grumps, everything is now perfect. He no longer has mental problems. No longer does he have to stay in a wheelchair. No longer is he bald! :) Instead, he is with his beloved Lord and Savior, in the everlasting Paradise, praising the LORD with all the saints (this word used properly) from Adam on to the latest one to die. How wonderful is this. He is no longer confined by his sinful body and sinful self. He is perfect. Now, with that in perspective, does it seem good that he died? For me, it sure does. It was hard for me, and for others, and it will continue to be. However, with him, all is well. Also, those of us "left behind" (again, used properly)(HA!), we have gained spiritual maturity by the pain we were caused, as we turned to Christ for comfort.

I think that's about it. Hopefully, this last part was helpful to you. I know it was for me, both thinking/meditating on it and writing it out.
Sean's spending the night here, and we're gonna watch a movie. Bye for now!

1 comment:

Katie said...

You fooled me! I was really confused because I had just read your comment on Charity's blog saying you were still blogging!
It is such an awesome thing that God has a perfect plan for us!