Monday, April 26, 2010

Campus pictures!

So, I'm sure that everyone, at least those who have been reading this blog for a while, remembers the pictures that I put up a while back showing all the snow that was ubiquitous on campus.  Well, I decided that I should get some more campus pictures up, ones that show what the place looks like without a universal white blanket.  I'll be doing this kind of like a virtual tour of campus.




For starters, this is the main gate to get onto campus.  This is pretty new...  and very nice.


Here's Alexander Hall, the dining hall.  Food ain't too bad.  :P


Recently, several signs like these were put up around campus.  I like how, if you zoom in, you can read the entire map to see what is where.  If you really want to, you can actually use this to figure out where we are around campus.  :D


Just slightly down from that sign.  This area is right between the dining hall and Old Main.


This is Old Main from one angle.  There will be more pictures later.


Walking down towards the dorms, we pass the library.  Another picture of this later on.


College Hill RP Church, which is basically on the campus.  It's a really great-looking building, both inside and out.


Memorial Hall.  This is actually the dorm I'll be in next year.  I'll be on the third floor...  not sure if you can see the window or not.  Haven't figured that out yet.  :D

This is the lawn in front of McKee Hall, one of the women's dorms.  I play frisbee right in here quite a bit.


Recently, someone (seriously, they don't know who) put up a rope swing in the middle of campus.  This picture just turned out really well.  The two people in it both really liked it.


Another view of McCartney Library.  Right now, I'm actually in the wing off to the right side, the part that you can see in the picture.


This is Old Main, or at least part of it.


Another angle of Old Main.


This is the front of Old Main.  This is actually kind of what you would see if you went to it after going through the main gate.


I had to crop this to get it right...  but I really like the way it turned out.


This is the G, across the river from campus.


So I know...  this picture is not the best for its construction, but I had to show something to illustrate where the G is.  This is just a little bit down from the main gate.


And lastly, this is Barbato House.  It's across the street from the main gate, and it's also where I tend to hang out a lot.  Great people.  Great house.  :D

5 comments:

Bumpas said...

Wait, what? You can use a map to figure out where you are on campus?

Isaac said...

Well, you can. I don't need to. ^_^

Thinks said...

Huzzah! Beautiful pictures of Geneva campus! You picked a right good day to take em! ;)

Bumpas said...

So, when is the next blog post?

Anonymous said...

one year later....