Friday, December 26, 2008

Lots of news

To start with, as you have most likely seen on Nathaniel's blog, the surgery went really well. It was, by all preliminary indications, very successful. The doctors are hopeful that the surgery has taken care of all the epilepsy problems. It's quite possible that, after a few months, he'll be totally off the anti-seizure medication. Even if that doesn't turn out to be the case, it will almost certainly work to take a very low level of the medicine, a much lower dosage than what he's been on for a while.

Our entire experience up at the Cleveland Clinic was wonderful. The people there were simply amazing. Everyone seemed to be smiling all the time... everyone was willing to help you if you were lost or needed anything at all. It was great.

So, that's it for Cleveland. Let's update everyone (if anybody still reads this) on some other stuff.

I'm down near Kingston, OH, between Circleville and Chillicothe. It's south of Columbus, OH. The reason I'm down here is that I'm at my uncle and aunt's house for Christmas. Because of a few schedule conflicts, the big Christmas dinner and gift exchange is later today.

Our immediate family already gave each other stuff. So, what I've gotten so far is a Land's End microfleece jacket/shirt that is sooooooooo nice. It's a 1/4 zip that so far, I've worn about the whole time since I unwrapped it. I also got a nice book, and a Leatherman Micra multitool. The latter is a small thing... about 2 inches long and 1/2 inch wide. It has about 10 different tools in it. It's reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally nice. :D

So, that's my update for now. I'm going to a presbytery high-schoolers' winter conference next Monday, and getting back on Thursday. There probably won't be any more posts until after that. Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

No comments: